VIDEO TRAFFIC COUNT AND DATA ANALYSIS
Municipality of Kranj has commissioned extensive field measurements of traffic in the city of Kranj. 16-hour counting of the turning vehicle, according to the structure of the traffic on the road network of the city of Kranj, was carried out in the selected intersections.
In the city of Kranj 17 intersections were defined at which it was necessary to perform traffic counts according to the structure of turning vehicles. At all junctions a 16-hour (6: 00 - 22: 00) traffic count was performed accordingly to the traffic structure. Structure of the traffic consisted of four main categories: cars, buses, trucks and tractors. In the key intersections participants of non-motorized traffic were also counted: cyclists and pedestrians.
Advantages of counting with video detection:
- verifiability and reliability of data
- monitoring facts on the ground
- ability to re-inspect the situation on the ground
- analysis of traffic safety
- detailed analysis of traffic (determining the time intervals, determining the actual queue length...)
- counting speed depends on the traffic load
- the equipment on the ground does not reduce road safety